Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
In Siliflo specialize in Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). We believe that the LIMS solutions being offered to researchers today are over-priced, slow, and far too generic to capture your unique needs. As researchers with almost 20 years of experience we have witnessed first hand that laboratories are not cookie-cutter institutions with generalizable work flows. What might work for some groups won't necessarily work for you. At In Siliflo, we believe in starting with a strong yet flexible foundation called BaseD™ and extending it with custom software able to capture your unique work flow. This foundation is based on an excellent set of pre-built modules, communication tools, and highly skilled software developers. Through this solid foundation and our unique SmartD™ customization process, we are able to build comprehensive, fast, and user-friendly LIMS at the best price.
An advanced and complete starting point for all of the LIMS we develop, BaseD offers the perfect combination of flexibility and features.
BaseD is a set of technologies and pre-built modules which aim to capture the commonalities between lab work flows. Instead of building a complete custom system for each group, we have extracted features such as authentication and audit tracking. This means each of our systems are 21CFR Part 11 ready right out of the box.
The BaseD modules are included with every system. As upgrades and changes are made to these modules, they are provided without cost as long as we are responsible for maintaining your system.
BaseD Modules included with every LIMS:
- Secure, enterprise-level encrypted authentication using a shared account for all In Siliflo services (single login).
- Complete history for every resource in the system. For example, if you change the birthdate of a patient record, a backup of the old record is created and the new record is saved.
- Advanced, customizable permission system, allowing you to limit the visibility of data to certain groups or sites. For example, clinicians can only see patient records from their own site, but principal investigators can see all patient records.
- File upload and storage module, allowing users to upload, share, and search reports, SOPs, images, and documents quickly and easily.
- Advanced reporting module able to generate dynamic graphs and figures. Permits easy visualization and investigation of your data, saving you the frustration, time, and money involved in generating your own reports.
- Built in project management software allowing you to assign tasks and generate progress reports. Includes a shared calendar and Gantt chart generation.
- Notification system able to alert certain groups or users about changes to records in the system. This gives users the ability to “watch” certain records, and receive email alerts when their data has been modified. Notifications allow users to take control of their data, promoting better data quality.
- Data extraction module permitting complex queries through an intuitive interface (for example, “show me all patients born in 1980 still taking the immunosuppressant Ciclosporin”). Data can be viewed online in a sortable table, or downloaded into Microsoft Excel.
- An editable and private lab wiki. The wiki can be used to store extra information such as SOPs, staff pages, purchasing protocols and presentations. An excellent way to organize your group's information and resources through the same interface used to create websites such as Wikipedia.
Unique to In Siliflo, the SmartD process includes a guaranteed timeline. If we don't meet our originally agreed upon deadline for final production we remove 10% off the final cost of your product.
SmartD includes weekly iterations with a proprietary software notification development system called SmartD Feature Explorer. This unique tool provides weekly notification alerts and emails notifying the client of new or updated features and provides a built in comment system to provide the client with an easy to use feedback mechanism.
SmartD involves 3 triage meetings throughout the course of development:
- Meeting 1: Information gathering and research session - work closely with two of our developers to create a mock up. Requirements will be examined and user scenarios imagined. Like a controlled brain-storming exercise, the goal of the first meeting is to extract at least 80% of the details for your project.
- Meeting 2: By this meeting, a working prototype system will be in place. You will have the opportunity to examine and work with the system. SmartD Feature Explorer will allow you to add comments to individual aspects of the system, from comments on general aspects of the system (I.e. “it's too slow”) down to the important but often neglected details (I.e. “this data should have 2 decimal places”). The purpose of this meeting will be to steer the ship on the right course, and ensure the product is meeting your expectations.
- Meeting 3: By meeting 3, the changes organized in meeting 2 will be in place. This meeting is all about refining the product and taking it from simply functional to perfect. This is where In Siliflo is known for sweating the details. At the end of this meeting, we will have the specifications for your final product.